Important Notice about your lost or stolen Debit Card
In the event your card is lost or stolen, please call any of the bank offices:
1 (850) 681-7761 - Monroe
1 (850) 222-2488 - Northwood
24 hour telephone banking at 1-866-246-0546.
You may also report your card lost or stolen by using your online banking.
Log onto your online banking and on the very first page where you see your listing of accounts, look under the ProBank logo to find three (3) tabs. Click the Options tab, then on the black bar directly under where you clicked the tab, you will see a link that says ATM Debit Card. This will bring up a listing of all the debit and ATM cards associated with your accounts. Find the card to check as "Lost or Stolen" and submit.
ATM/Debit Card Security
- Treat your ATM & Debit card like cash.
- Always keep your card in a safe place.
- It's a good idea to store your card in a card sleeve. The sleeve protects the card's magnetic strip and helps ensure that the card functions properly.
- Keep your PIN number a secret. Never write it on your card or store it with the card.
- Never tell your PIN to anyone, and never let someone else enter your code for you.
- Take your ATM receipt with you. Do not leave it at or near the ATM.
- Check your receipts against your monthly statement to guard against ATM fraud.
- Report a lost or stolen card at once. Promptly report a lost or stolen card to reduce the chance that it will be used improperly
- Report online by logging into your internet banking account and clicking the OPTIONS tab. Then select the ATM/Debit Card option. Locate the card you need to report and check the box for "Lost/Stolen"
- Report on your phone by calling our 24 hour Telephone Banking system at 1-866-246-0546 and taking option 6.
- Report to the branch staff during business hours by calling - N Monroe (850-681-7761) or Northwood Plaza (850-222-2488).
General ATM Security
- If an ATM is obstructed from view or poorly lit, go to another ATM.
- If you need to visit an ATM at night, bring someone with you if possible.
- If the ATM appears to have brochure holder attachments or other unusual items attached near the display or number pad, or if the card slot and number pad look loose or tampered with, do not use that ATM.
Should you notice suspicious activity while you are in the middle of your transaction, cancel the activity immediately and leave the ATM.
Drive Up ATM Security
- Keep your motor running, doors locked and all windows up when waiting in line at a drive-up ATM.
- If possible, leave enough room between cars to allow for a quick exit should it become necessary.
- Before rolling down the window to use the ATM, observe the area for suspicious people, vehicles or activity.
- Have your card out before you approach the ATM, and immediately leave once the transaction is complete. Count your money in a safe location away from the ATM.
If anyone follows you after making an ATM transaction, call the police while heading towards a populated, well lit area.
Walk up ATM Security
- Observe your surroundings from inside your car first before walking to the ATM. If anything seems out of place or suspicious, leave the area and use another ATM.
- Minimize time spent at the ATM by having your card out and ready to use.
- Never count your money while at the ATM or let your cash be seen.
- Be cautious if strangers offer to help at an ATM. Do not allow anyone to distract you while at the ATM.
- Stand in a position so nobody can watch you enter your PIN or transaction amount.